Name: Danielle Zinaich Title: Homeopath LCHE at Remedy Your Health Based in: Westchester, NY Age: 46
Imagine you’re working through a difficult and undiagnosed illness. You’re going from doctor to doctor, feeling like you’re getting patched up in all the wrong ways and falling back to where you started. Is there hope?
That’s where homeopath Danielle comes in or people like Danielle. Danielle first developed an interest in homeopathy when her dog developed a tumor in her eye after getting a vaccine. After repeated failed attempts to get it treated by conventional Western vets, she turned to a homeopath for help. The homeopath’s suggested remedy worked, and after two weeks, her dog’s tumor was gone. Since then, she’s got on to become a homeopath herself, and now runs her own practice in Westchester Country, helping clients face and heal illnesses from depression to COVID.
This past month, I had the chance to be seen by her myself, and what was impressed upon me was how wholly focused on the whole self she was when speaking to treating and providing remedies for her clients.
Completing her certification in homeopathic education at the Center for Homeopathic Education and holding an over two-decades long career in modelling and being featured in editorials such as Vogue Italia and Harper’s Bazaar, Danielle shares with me the holistically rooted wellness practices and remedies she abides by in health, cold, and good mind.
1. In your words, describe who you are
I am a mother, healer and sage of the energy of the natural world.
2. You started your journey into homeopathy after experiencing your dog get healed through homeopathy via a natural remedy consisting of pine cones. What is a notable experience of having a human client get healthier from a remedy you prescribed?
The remedy embodied the energy of the pinecone. I have seen this very same remedy treat a whole person for self loathing, feelings of wanting to hide behind makeup or a mask, and feelings of duality. In classical homeopathy we treat the whole person and let their vital force do the rest of the work!
3. You are a model and a homeopath. What is something related to homeopathy that models would benefit from knowing that could help them during say, the brunt of the intensity during Fashion Week?
Homeopathy can help with anxiety, stress and fatigue. It can also alleviate jet lag and puffiness that comes along with traveling during fashion week. It can help reset and restore!
4. With the resurgence of COVID cases in North America and Europe and flu season here, what are a couple homeopathic tinctures that we ought to consider keeping in our cabinets, and what purpose? (read here for emerging articles on the effectiveness of homeopathy against COVID-19)
I would recommend having a homeopathic first aid kit and having a homeopath to assist you in selecting the right remedy from that kit until you learn them yourself. A great flu remedy to have on hand is called Oscillococcinum from Boiron.
4b. What has been your approach to treating clients that are coming that have tested positive for COVID?
I always listen to their symptoms and treat the acute presentation with the appropriately matched homeopathic remedy.
5. Was there a moment in your life when you were really struggling with your mental and emotional health?
Yes! I was undiagnosed with Lyme disease for a year and a half. I was in such a state of despair and felt like no one would ever figure out my case.
6. The comorbidity of illnesses or being unwell is not discussed enough. How does homeopathy address illness that manifests in the body and/or in the mind?
Sickness is an imbalance or a tipping of the scale. Homeopathy brings the client back into homeostasis, wellness and balance. Stressors like grief, anxiety, toxins, depression, allergies can throw a person off kilter.
7. Were you always comfortable talking about your holistic health: mental, emotional, and physical with your peers?
Yes I have always been very open and rely on my friends and family for support and help.
8. What channels, institutes or other figures can we go to if we have an interest in learning homeopathy?
I really love the book by one of my teachers called The Complete Homeopathy Handbook by Miranda Castro. For classes or school check out my university called The Centre for Homeopathic Education, they have some online classes. I can also teach you how to use a kit with an appointment!
9. What does wellness mean to you?
Wellness means happiness, lots of energy and a state of inner peace.
10. Your wellness and skincare/body care picks?
Hyland’s Bioplasma, filtered water, outdoors and sunshine, vitamins, clean organic food.
11. Letters to My Younger Self: If you had any advice to give your younger self, what would it be?
Don’t anticipate the future and stay in the moment, because things can change very quickly!
For an alternative exploration into holistic health, check out our interview with Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive director, Doctor, and former Tibetan Buddhist Monk, Nick Ribush or our piece with psychologist and professor Jessica Lopresti on race, physical health, and mental health.
Interviewed and edited by Susan Im
Subscribe to stay up to date with the latest from ATEM and our wellness blog. For additional wellness, mental health, or skincare resources, check out our resource page or Made of Millions resource page here.
Follow Danielle’s Instagram here and learn more about Remedy Your Health here.